STEMS aspires to raise future generations of leaders with a strong moral character and excellence in both Islamic and academic education. We strive to make the world a better place for our families, our school, our greater South Florida community, and ourselves.
STEMS Early Childhood program promotes the spiritual, social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth of the child. The curriculum uses a “hands-on” approach to learning. Our ‘Big day for Pre-K’ curriculum is enriched with the Montessori and Regio Emilia curriculum.
We believe that children learn from direct, hands-on experiences with people, objects, and events. Our project-based enrichments encourage young students to explore new ideas. Multi-sensory activities to enhance the total development of the child are planned around a theme or as part of an integrated unit.
Big Day for Pre-K
- Big Day for PreK provides a robust collection of hands-on preschool classroom materials that integrate instruction across all learning domains and foster academic and social development for our youngest learners.
- Math Mats and Number Cards cultivate the development of number recognition and problem-solving skills and provide math practice.
- Four Little Book versions of the Theme Big Books are provided so children in the prekindergarten classroom can revisit favorite books and practice print concepts, such as handling books, turning pages, and tracking print.
- Funshineonline-Funshine Digital: A digital resource for PreK students and teachers
- Manipulatives offer hands-on exploration and enhance gross and fine-motor-skill development. Big Day for PreK manipulatives include Magnifiers, Balance Set, Counting Bears, Letter Cards, Magnetic Letters, Healthy Foods Set, Pattern Blocks, and more.
- Quran memorization and Arabic are an integral part of the STEMS PreK program. Our VPK program has been rated one of the best in Broward County.